Summer 2014 Internship Program
The Norton Museum of Art Summer Internship Program provides undergraduate students the opportunity to gain practical art museum experience, engage in intellectual discourse, and develop professional skills. Throughout the seven-week program summer interns will:
· Work in departments throughout the Museum based on departmental needs and intern interests;
· Lead summer camp tours through Museum special exhibitions and the Museum Collection;
· Participate in meetings with art world professionals and visit regional arts institutions;
· Engage in weekly readings, writing assignments, and discussions of current art historical and museum studies issues; and
· Organize an exhibition of artworks from the Museum Collection.
Terms and Eligibility
The program is open to undergraduates at any accredited U.S. college or university, and to those who have earned a B.A. degree within the past year, but are not currently enrolled in graduate school. All applicants must have successfully completed at least two college-level courses in art history.
Two interns will receive a stipend thanks in part to the Chastain Foundation. These two interns will be selected on merit.
Internship Dates: June 16, 2014 – August 1, 2014
Application Deadline: March 21, 2014
Applications must include all materials listed below. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Application materials will not be returned.
· Norton Museum of Art Intern Application – Download here
· A typewritten personal statement of no more than 500 words
· Two letters of recommendation from academic or professional references
o Letters must be sealed and signed across the flap by the recommender. Letters can be sent with your application or separately for receipt by March 21, 2014.
· Official college transcript
All internship applications should be mailed to:
Norton Museum of Art
Attn: Adelia Gregory
1451 S Olive Avenue
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
For more information after January 20, contact Adelia Gregory, Assistant Curator of Education for Public Programs, at (561) 832-5196 x1132 or firstname.lastname@example.org.