The security officer is responsible for security of the Museum, safety of visitors and staff, giving informative answers to visitors and/or staff in friendly, respectful manner, observing and reporting any irregularities.
- Safeguard the museum’s artwork in and outside the museum galleries.
- Safeguard the physical plant and assets through the use of effective security patrols.
- Understand all museum procedures and assist contractors, visitors and staff.
- Conduct yourself in a welcoming, pleasant manner when greeting or speaking with Museum visitors.
- Work closely with the Visitor Experience staff when encountering a problem in the Museum galleries or public spaces.
- Officer must be able to follow directions and react quickly during emergency situations.
- Provide timely and accurate information to the security Supervisor on unusual conditions or situations.
- Speak clearly over a two-way radio and be understood by other members of the staff.
- Officer must be able to work effectively and courteously with diverse groups of visitors and staff.
- Routinely completes daily patrol schedule for areas assigned within time frequency provided.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Security Supervisor.
- Conduct oneself in the best interest of the Museum.
- Available to work until 10 pm on Fridays or later during special events.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- State Security License preferred. (Knowledge of security and safety procedures)
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English, and follow written and oral instructions.
- Officers must be able to stand or walk a patrol 7 or more hours per shift.
- Demonstrate ability to act courteous and professional with contractors and staff.
- Able to work outside in the elements.
- Able to work until 10 pm on Fridays or later when necessary.
- Officers must be able to communicate clearly, effectively, and professionally with visitors and staff by radio.
Please send resume to [email protected] or fill out an application at the Norton’s administration entrance, Jefferson Road & S. Dixie Highway, West Palm Beach, FL
2020 Summer internship opportunities are now closed.
The Norton Museum of Art is an equal opportunity employer.