The Museum invites all K-12 audiences to engage in and explore the Norton collection through themed tours that connect to Florida State Standards. All learning levels welcome. We look forward to seeing you and your students at The Norton!
In-person school tours are currently unavailable at the Norton. We invite you to book a Virtual School Tour led live from the Museum galleries. Self-guided opportunities are also available for middle and high school classes.
Questions? Please e-mail [email protected]. Thank you
Virtual School Tours are taught live from the galleries and feature two to three works of art from the Museum’s permanent collection or special exhibition. Learning and Community Engagement staff lead student-centered and interactive guided discussions through close looking and activities. Tour themes are Learning to Look, Stories in Art, STEAM, or Special Exhibitions.
- Reservations must be made at least three weeks in advance.
- Virtual School Tours are FREE for all K-12 schools and teachers.
- Tours are available every day of the week except Wednesdays.
- Virtual school tours are offered from 9:30am-1:30pm. To accommodate the individual schedule needs of your classrooms and grade levels, you may request a specific tour time not listed while filling out the booking form.
- Schools may participate using Google Meet, Zoom, or Microsoft Teams.
- At this time, we can only accommodate one classroom per session. Please fill out individual forms for each of your requested Virtual School Tours.
- A Norton staff member will contact the lead teacher to schedule a call to test technology. These usually take place 2-3 days before the scheduled virtual tour.
- Tour bookings are made on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Your tour is not booked until you receive a confirmation e-mail from the Museum. Along with the confirmation letter, you will receive details about your virtual tour and advance materials, such as tour guidelines.
- Beginning October 1, 2021, guests (ages 12+) visiting the Norton Museum of Art will be required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours; or a negative COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test conducted within 24 hours; OR voluntarily show proof of COVID-19 vaccination (together with a valid photo ID for ages 18+). All self-guided groups must adhere to this policy.
- School tour reservations must be made at least three weeks in advance by filling out the tour booking form online. In the event that you must cancel your visit, please email [email protected], or call (561) 832-5196 x1154 as soon as possible.
- The maximum group size is fifteen students. For your safety and to adhere to visitors’ capacity regulations, tour times may vary. Please refer to the bookings tour calendar for available schedules
- Tours are free for all school groups and free busing for school trips to the Norton is available for School District of Palm Beach County students.
- Your tour is not booked until you receive a confirmation e-mail from the Museum. Along with the confirmation, you will receive details about your tour.
- We advise you to arrive for check in at least fifteen minutes before your scheduled start time.
- There are designated areas in the Museum Garden for lunch, please reserve space when you book your tour. We provide storage for lunches if interested in having lunch prior or after your scheduled tour.
- Educational materials to support self-guided visits can be provided by Norton staff with advanced notice.
- One chaperone for every ten students is required; a maximum of two chaperones per every ten students may accompany the group. If more chaperones are necessary due to your students’ needs, please share this information at the time of booking.
Virtual Home School Tours
Throughout the year, the Norton offers Virtual School Tour and In-Person school tour events for home school families. Tours feature art from the Norton’s Permanent Collection or a special exhibition. Tours offer student-centered and interactive guided discussions through close looking and activities, led by Norton educators.
This virtual tour is taught live from the galleries and features two to three works of art from the Museum’s permanent collection or special exhibition. Tours offer student-centered and interactive guided discussions through close looking and activities. Tour can focus on the themes of Learning to Look, Stories in Art, STEAM, or Special Exhibitions. Schools may participate using Google Meet, Zoom, or Microsoft Teams.
The Norton offers free self-guided opportunities for middle and high school classes. Self-guided visits allow students to explore works of art independently with their teachers. Educational materials to support self-guided visits can be provided by Norton staff with advanced notice. Self-guided visits are limited to 15 people per timeslot. All students, teachers and chaperones must adhere to the Norton’s COVID-19 policies.
This program was made possible by the generosity of the Itto Willits Charitable Foundation, with additional support provided by The William Randolph Hearst Endowment Fund for Education and Outreach Programs.